The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is working to ensure that existing and incoming graduate students, and applicants stay informed of the University’s response to the evolving global impact of COVID-19. The University is continuing to update our COVID-19 page with recent information, answers to FAQs and other resources.
Existing Students: see UPDATE FROM THE AVP GRADUATE STUDIES. For international students with questions relating to your study permit, please connect with your international student advisor; if you have gone abroad or intend to go abroad, and you have new immigration or travel concerns, please consult with your international student advisor.
Incoming Graduate Students: Students expecting to start summer'20 should have received an email outlining your options; if not, please email us. Students expecting to start fall'20 should count on doing so, at least until told otherwise. If you have questions or concerns about meeting the conditions on your offer letters, please email us.
Applicants: We continue to process applicants and issue of offers of admission.
The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is committed to supporting our students. We will work with you to ensure minimized disruption for all current and incoming students.
Postdoctoral Scholars have access to the following professional development resources:
The Graduate Student Learning Initiative (GSLI)
- free workshops for postdoctoral fellows and graduate students each semester. Details and registration are available through the online event registration system.
Coop and Career Services
- over 50 professional development online video workshops on various topics including salary negotiations, interviews and networking.
Office of Research
- Presentations and Webinars throughout the year on all aspects of research (budgeting, grant writing, social media, supervision, etc)
- Information and Consultation
- Learning and Development help with skills needed both in and out of the workplace (finances, retirement, stress relief, work-life balance, etc)
LinkedIn Learning.com (formerly Lynda.com)
- LinkedIn Learning.com offers thousands of video modules covering the most popular business and creative applications, as well as topics including software development, website design, animation, soft-skill training, audio and music, and photography. Visit the Linkedin Learning.com page for more information.
- Aurora is an e-learning platform providing career advice to postdocs and graduate students. You can complete two programs of study, Career Exploration and Career Strategies to explore career options and learn job search strategies to secure employment outside academia. Over 70 hours of on-demand videos and 120 interviews with PhDs are available on this site, with contant being updated monthly. Please visit our Aurora webpage to login in with your central login ID and password.