Postdoctoral Scholars have access to the following professional development resources:
The Graduate Student Learning Initiative (GSLI)
- free workshops for postdoctoral fellows and graduate students each semester. Details and registration are available through the online event registration system.
Coop and Career Services
- over 50 professional development online video workshops on various topics including salary negotiations, interviews and networking.
Office of Research
- Presentations and Webinars throughout the year on all aspects of research (budgeting, grant writing, social media, supervision, etc)
- Information and Consultation
- Learning and Development help with skills needed both in and out of the workplace (finances, retirement, stress relief, work-life balance, etc)
LinkedIn Learning.com (formerly Lynda.com)
- LinkedIn Learning.com offers thousands of video modules covering the most popular business and creative applications, as well as topics including software development, website design, animation, soft-skill training, audio and music, and photography. Visit the Linkedin Learning.com page for more information.
- Aurora is an e-learning platform providing career advice to postdocs and graduate students. You can complete two programs of study, Career Exploration and Career Strategies to explore career options and learn job search strategies to secure employment outside academia. Over 70 hours of on-demand videos and 120 interviews with PhDs are available on this site, with contant being updated monthly. Please visit our Aurora webpage to login in with your central login ID and password.