Applying to Guelph
Thank you for your interest in Graduate Studies at the University of Guelph. The following information will guide you through the application process and assist you with the online application.
Please note that applicants from outside of Canada are encouraged to view our International Applicants webpage.
- Applicants are required to list a minimum of two (2) academic references on their application. We recommend you contact your referees prior to submitting your application to confirm their availability and contact information. Some departments require three (3) referees. Ensure you read the department's application requirements closely.
- Applicants upload application documents such as transcripts, statement of research, CV/resume after receiving WebAdvisor login credentials. This will be up to 5 business days after submission and payment of the OUAC application. However, we recommend gathering application documents and having them ready in advance.
- We do not require official documents during the application process.
- Additional documents: Gather any additional requirements specified by the department for admission purposes. Some departments will require hard copy documents (test scores) and/or portfolios to be sent directly to the Graduate Program Assistant.
Please Note: The University of Guelph has contracted with the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) to provide application processing services. When you begin the application process, you will be transferred to the OUAC website where you will complete and submit your application. You will be required to create an OUAC Account (if you do not already have one). You may have only one OUAC Account. Direct any technical application questions to the OUAC at email@example.com.
- Students applying to a graduate program at the University of Guelph are required to apply online. We do not accept hard copy applications/ Be sure to check the Planned Scheduled Maintenance dates, as this may impact your ability to apply.
- The application fee for most graduate programs is $110 (The MBA , MA (Leadership) application fee is $150) This fee is non refundable and is payable to OUAC. Our office only receives applications from OUAC once payment has been processed.
- You may request official Ontario University transcripts to be sent directly to our office through OUAC. You cannot upload documents to the OUAC application.
- You may apply to multiple programs using the same OUAC application (normal application fees apply). Please see instructions once you enter the application.
- If you wish to apply to another program after submission of a previous application, you will be unable to edit personal information, academic background or references. You will only be able to select the new program and start term. If you need to change your referees, please refer to our FAQ page. You will need to submit and pay the application fee once more before we receive your application in our office.
For the best experience with the OUAC applications and website, we recommend visiting their Supported Browsers and Devices page.
- Within 5 business days of completing your application, you will receive an email with your login information and instructions on how to upload your documents on our student information system called WebAdvisor.
- If it has been 5 business days and you have not received your login information, please check your Junk and Spam folders.
- Please note that the WebAdvisor account information nor the referee request can not be expedited.
- Please plan the submission of your application in accordance with admission deadlines.
- If you have previously applied or attended UofG, please contact the CCS Help Desk to have your password reset if needed.
- Upload Documents to WebAdvisor: Upload all required documents listed, as a PDF. Review the Uploading Documents Website for more information. Please note: if you apply to more than one graduate program at the University of Guelph, you will be required to upload the same document more than once. Please ensure that you select the correct UPLOAD button on your WebAdvisor checklist when uploading documents.
- If you have requested an official transcript through the OUAC application portal, please do not upload an electronic version of it on WebAdvisor (this will block the official version from coming in). Therefore, please ignore the upload option for that transcript on WebAdvisor - this will be removed once we receive it.
- References: The referees identified on your application will be sent a request to complete a Referee Assessment email on your behalf. They will receive this request around the same time you receive your WebAdvisor information. Once they submit the reference the WebAdvisor status on your checklist will change to 'received'. If they do not receive the request to their inbox, kindly request they check their junk/spam folder prior to submitting a resend request.
- Please note: All communication post-application will be done through your newly created UofG email account.
- Monitor your status on WebAdvisor
- If you would like an application status update and your status on WebAdvisor is "All Documents Received", please reach out to the program for information.
- Once a decision is made, you will receive email notification to your UofG email account
- Offers of Admission can be reviewed in WebAdvisor (Applicants > Documents > View Offer).
- Review your offer of admission and guaranteed funding form. Please print or save your Offer of Admission as it will be unavailable on Webadvisor within 5 minutes of you making a decision.
- Scroll and select a response, prior to the response deadline.
- Our office only issues one Offer of Admission letter. If you are required to apply for a study permit/visa, please use this letter in your application.
The University of Guelph strives to provide equal opportunity for academically qualified students with disabilities.