Monitor Your Status & Offer
Applicants can monitor the status of their application via WebAdvisor.
- Documents not marked as 'Received' on WebAdvisor are considered outstanding and must be submitted in order for the department to make an admission decision. Applicants are encouraged to upload their documents as soon as they become available.
- Once all documents have been marked as 'Received' on WebAdvisor, the department to which you have applied will be notified that your application is complete and ready for review (please ensure you have forwarded any additional required documents to the department directly. Failure to do so may result in an incomplete application).
- The Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies collects application documents/information and distributes to each program in the application
- Each department makes admissions decisions based on their own timeline. Please be patient. Should you have any questions regarding your admission, please contact the department directly.
- Once the department makes a decision, they recommend admission or refusal to the Office of Graduate Studies
- We verify the department's assessment and create/send the official offer of admission/refusal letter to your new UofGuelph email account
- You will receive notification via email indicating that a decision has been made on your application.
- Log in to WebAdvisor, select Applicants, select Documents, and click on View Offer.
- Your offer of admission will be displayed.
- Read your offer of admission and guaranteed funding form.
- Scroll to the bottom and select a response by clicking on the appropriate selection ( 'I Accept' or 'I Decline') prior to the response deadline.
- The offer will remain valid until the response date listed on your offer of admission and/or the due date listed on WebAdvisor.
- If you choose to accept the offer of admission, you are required to mail in all final official documentation and meet all conditions as specified in your offer (if the offer of admission is conditional).
- If you choose to accept your offer of admission, you will receive information about how to register via email closer to your semester start term.
- If you choose to decline your offer, select the appropriate response. Please note, once you select 'I Decline', your offer of admission becomes void and we can not reverse this decision. If you change your mind, you must contact the department directly for reconsideration. You may be required to reapply and resubmit all of the required documents.
- If you have applied to more than one program, the most recent 'I accept' submitted to WebAdvisor will be your official selection.
After you submit your response to your Offer of Admission on WebAdvisor, you can monitor and ensure your response has been submitted successfully. Please note there may be a 24-48 hour delay in processing time for the status to reflect your selection. Follow these steps to monitor your admission status.
- Log in to WebAdvisor
- Select 'Applicants'
- From the applicants screen select 'Admission Status'
- View your Admission Status in the chart listed under the heading Status. Once your response has been processed it will read 'Offer Accepted by Student'
If you wish to defer your offer of admission you must have the approval of the department to which you have been admitted. A fee equivalent to that of the application fee will apply. Applicants may be required to submit new documents, as required for admission, in order for the deferral to be considered. Any required documents will appear on the applicants WebAdvisor checklist. Approval of a request to defer is at the discretion of the department.
Steps to request a deferral of an offer of admission:
- Email your department/program, a request to defer your offer of admission. The email should clearly indicate the new semester start term.
- The department/program will either: confirm the deferral will be reviewed or inform the applicant that department/program does not consider deferrals.
- If the department/program is willing to consider the deferral, the applicant will apply to the department/program via the on-line application indicating the new semester start term. A fee equivalent to that of the application fee will apply.
- The applicant may be required to upload additional documents to be considered for a deferral and such requirements will be reflected on their WebAdvisor checklist. Please note: once you submit your application, your references will receive a request to submit a new referee assessment on your behalf. It is the applicant's responsibility to notify references that you have chosen to defer your original offer of admission and a new reference is required for your application. If the department does not wish to receive new references, they must notify the Office of Graduate studies via firstname.lastname@example.org after the applicant has submitted and paid for their application. The referee will still receive the request.
- If a deferral is granted, your conditional offer of admission will state the new start term and outline the conditions of your offer. You may be required to provide the University of Guelph with new final official documents of any previous post-secondary institutions attended (these will be identified in your conditional offer of admission).
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to inform the Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies of any post-secondary courses/ programs completed prior to commencing graduate studies at Guelph. Final official documents will be required for all post-secondary courses/programs completed between the time of application and commencing graduate studies at the University of Guelph.