The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is working to ensure that existing and incoming graduate students, and applicants stay informed of the University’s response to the evolving global impact of COVID-19. The University is continuing to update our COVID-19 page with recent information, answers to FAQs and other resources.
Existing Students: see UPDATE FROM THE AVP GRADUATE STUDIES. For international students with questions relating to your study permit, please connect with your international student advisor; if you have gone abroad or intend to go abroad, and you have new immigration or travel concerns, please consult with your international student advisor.
Incoming Graduate Students: Students expecting to start summer'20 should have received an email outlining your options; if not, please email us. Students expecting to start fall'20 should count on doing so, at least until told otherwise. If you have questions or concerns about meeting the conditions on your offer letters, please email us.
Applicants: We continue to process applicants and issue of offers of admission.
The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is committed to supporting our students. We will work with you to ensure minimized disruption for all current and incoming students.
Postdoctoral and Research Fellow Position in Applied Artificial Intelligence
Department: School of Computer Science
Contract Type: Full-Time
Contract Length: 1 year with possible of extension June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021
One full-time post-doctorate position in the area of applied artificial intelligence is available at the Data Management and Privacy Governance Lab, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada. The Data Management and Privacy Governance research program is an interdisciplinary program focused on developing new artificial intelligence analytics methods and decision support systems for enhanced decision making in applications such as cybersecurity, internet of things, data governance, and precision agriculture. The successful candidate will collaborate with other postdoctoral fellows and graduate students to design and develop novel techniques, algorithms, decision support frameworks, and protocols for different applications.
The postdoctoral research position is available for a one-year term contract with the possibility of extending for another year.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop novel methods, tools (automated or semi-automated) for collecting, aggregating, analyzing, and visualizing data.
- Produce top-quality conference and journal publications in collaboration with other colleagues and project members.
- Establish thought-leadership in the related research areas and for different application domains.
- Collaborate with the knowledge and subject matter experts in computer science, epidemiology, agri-food, and engineering to design and develop novel decision support frameworks for enhanced decision making.
- Develop requirements, use cases, frameworks, protocols, and best practices with industry and government partners.
- Write proposal to obtain additional research funding.
- Participate in dissemination of results of the research.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and demonstrations.
- Engage in training and development opportunities.
- Liaise with various stakeholders in academia, industry, and government if needed.
- Provide advice and support to other collaborators and students.
- Applicants must have a PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in artificial intelligence and data mining.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Strong research experience in one or more of the following: data management or decision support systems.
- Strong technical skills in programming, databases, and machine learning platforms.
- A strong track record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Proof of research and practical experience with large and small data for diverse applications.
- Application development experience with Java and Python.
- Experience in developing software solutions for data analytics: design, programming, testing, and maintenance.
- Experience in designing platforms for collecting, processing, and building decision support frameworks.
- Cover Letter
Applications are considered until the available position is filled. To apply, please send the following to the contact information below:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two sample publications
- Proof of language proficiency (international candidates)
- Research experience: publications and projects
- Three references
- Contact information (email, address, phone)
Annual Stipend: $40,000
Dr. Rozita Dara
Professor in School of Computer Science
519-824-4120 Ext 58762
Posting Date: Mon, 01/13/2020
Closing Date: Wed, 04/15/2020