GTC Networking Event - SoTL Journal Club #9 (TLJC)
Date and Time
209 Day Hall
University Teaching Foundations: This journal club counts towards the University Teaching Foundations program under the category of SoTL Journal Club (TLJC).
Come join us for the final fall meeting of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Journal Club. We will be having a discussion on a recent teaching publication. If you missed the previous meetings, do not worry! We will send an email with the paper in advance. Please read the paper and bring any questions, comments or critiques with you. Bring your lunch and we look forward to discussing with you.
By the end of this journal club, you will be able to:
1) Discuss and critically analyze the methodology, results, and significance of a publication from the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).
2) Identify strategies to incorporate the SoTL research findings into your own teaching practice
SoTL Journal Article 9: "Measuring actual learning versus the feeling of learning in response to being actively engaged in the classroom" (https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/116/39/19251.full.pdf)
1. Describe your experiences introducing active learning into your teaching and/or describe any obstacles or challenges you perceive with incorporating active learning in your current or future teaching?
2. What are your thoughts and opinions on the methods, analyses, and results of this study?
3. To what extent do the results of this study make you re-think your teaching methods for current and/or future teaching roles? What changes might you envision?