International Funded Students
If you have applied to (or received) any of the following international scholarships, you can use the links provided to receive instructions on how to apply.
The CSC Doctoral scholarship is an understanding between the University of Guelph and the China Scholarship Council (CSC), offered to exceptional Chinese prospective Doctoral (Ph.D.) students. Candidates must be a Chinese Citizen/Permanent Resident and must apply for the scholarship through CSC. Further information on the application process can be found on the CSC website. The University of Guelph would require you to meet all regular admission requirements for the proposed Ph.D. program (ie. Master's equivalent, English Language Requirements, etc.).
Note: CSC funding is not tenable with the International Doctoral Tuition Scholarship (IDTS).
The CSC Doctoral Scholarship is split funding between the China Scholarship Council and the University of Guelph. The following is the minimum distribution of the funding by party taken from their website:
CSC coverage (max. 12 semesters / 4 years)
- Return airfare
- Visa Application Fees
- Annual living allowance (incl. UHIP)
University of Guelph (max. 12 semesters / 4 years)
- Covers tuition fees (excluding compulsory, student organization, and other fees):
- CSC Doctoral Scholarship holders receive an OGPS CSC Tuition Scholarship valued at approximately $4,500.00 CAD/semester for the duration of their CSC Doctoral Scholarship (maximum 12 semesters).
- Additional university funding is typically paid as a GRA or GTA by the award holder's department. Funding is paid throughout the year, depending on the type (ie. GTA is paid as the work is completed).
- Students are responsible to ensure any compulsory, student organization, and other fees are paid by the appropriate deadlines.
How to Apply
- Apply using the standard application process and supply all required application documents
- Indicate your sponsorship in the "Other" section of the online application under International Agreement and Awards/External Funding.
- During the application process, you should contact the Department/Program to inform them that you will be applying for the CSC Scholarship. You will also need to complete the CSC release of information form .
- If you are successful in receiving an Offer of Admission (Offer of Acceptance) it may be conditional on you receiving the CSC Scholarship. Use this Offer to apply for the CSC Scholarship through CSC (March 20th Deadline).
- When you receive confirmation of receiving the CSC Scholarship, inform the department/program and the supervisor
Provided is a listing of Faculty members accepting funded international students.
For information on internal scholarships available to incoming/current students, please refer to the Funding Opportunities chart.