Applying for a Study Permit | Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies

The Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (OGPS) will be closed on Friday, July 1st for Canada Day.

OGPS will be open again for on Monday, July 4 at 8:30 am.

Applying for a Study Permit


How do I apply for a Study Permit?

To learn more about how to apply for a study permit, please visit the Canadian Immigration Services website.

International Student Advisors

If you have any questions about PGWP or question regarding applying for your study permit, please visit the International Student Advising page.

What is the University of Guelph's Designated Learning Institution (DLI) Number?

In order to obtain a study permit to come to Guelph (for students studying longer than 6 months) you'll need to provide the University's DLI to Canadian immigration authorities. The University of Guelph's DLI is O19305391192 

*Note that the first character is an 'O' (for Ontario), not a zero.