Transcripts | Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies



How can I report grades I have received since submitting my application?

Save a scanned copy of the updated transcript and email it as a PDF attachment to  Please include your first (or given) name and last (or family) name, date of birth and Colleague ID in the email

My transcript is not in English. Do I need to provide a translation?

Yes. Please provide BOTH the original transcript AND a translation (from either the school issuing the transcript or a professional certified translation service). Both documents must be uploaded to the same file on the applicant’s WebAdvisor checklist.

What is a transcript?

The academic record that we refer to as a transcript provides a listing, year by year, of all courses taken and the grade or mark received for each course. A transcript also includes a grading scale, usually on the back of each page.

What makes a transcript final?

A final official document includes information such as: when the degree was conferred, program completion dates and awarded degree certificate (if applicable).

What makes a transcript unofficial or official?

Unofficial transcripts: All transcripts uploaded to WebAdvisor are unofficial. An unofficial transcript is also one that:

  • Has been opened by the student;

  • Is a photocopy of the original;

  • Was not produced by the school/university;

  • Was translated by the student or a non-professional translation service;

  • If the original seal of the University envelope is broken, the transcript is no longer considered official.

Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are only required if the applicant is presented an offer of admission. Transcripts are official if:

  • They are sent to the University of Guelph in a sealed University envelope (the applicant can request that the University send us the official documents directly or the student can receive the document and forward it to the University of Guelph unopened);

  • If the original seal of the University envelope is not broken (the transcript is no longer considered official and will not be accepted as official if it is broken);

  • They must bear an official signature of the appropriate official at your institution, such as the registrar;

  • They must bear the institutional seal;

  • Certified true copies must be stamped and signed by the institution.

When am I required to provide a transcript?

You are required to provide transcripts from any institution where you have earned (or will earn) a degree, studied for one semester or more, or took courses that relate to your graduate study interests. Your application checklist on WebAdvisor will identify which transcripts you are required to upload.

Where should I mail my official transcripts?

If you are offered admission and you choose to accept your offer of admission, please mail final official transcripts to the Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies at the University of Guelph. Do not send your official transcripts until you accept your offer of admission.

If you are offered admission conditionally upon receipt of official and final documents and you choose to accept your offer of admission, please mail final official transcripts to:

University of Guelph

Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies

University Centre – Level 3

50 Stone Road East

Guelph, Ontario, Canada


Note: We strongly encourage international students to order their official transcripts in advance to avoid a delay in processing final requirements and meeting the conditions of their offer. Once you receive notification of your decision, you will have the required documents in hand and will be ready to forward final official copies to the Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies.